It has been quite difficult to find details about the June 23rd Press Conference that Defkalion Green Technologies held in Palaio Faliro, Athens since the proceedings were conducted in Greek. Happily, now there is an excellent report of the event in English written by Marianne Macy of Infinite Energy magazine which gives a detailed review of what happened and some of the things that were discussed. Some of the things she mentions that were new to me were:
- Defkalion has been doing testing with three companies. With a cement company they have been able to reduce energy costs from 500,000 to 50,000 Euros. Using Hyperion technology a food processing company has been able to reduce the cost of a tin of apricots from 85 to 50 cents.
- Defkalion is currently negotiating licensing with 17 countries.
- Defkalion is not taking government money — it is receiving some investment funding from ex-pat Greeks.
- It would cost 4000-5000 Euros to buy the Hyperion technology heat a 200 square meter home.
- Defkalion would make a donation of Hyperion products to housing for elderly people in Palaio Faliro where Defkalion’s headquarters are located.
My understanding is that videos of the press conference with subtitles in various languages will be available soon.