The following is a guest post written by Hank Mills.
Mother Of All E-Cat Tests Ushers World Into Nickel Age
Since the E-Cat saga began, Andrea Rossi has been continually answering people’s questions. On his Journal of Nuclear Physics site, via emails sent to him, and during interviews he responds to question after question from countless individuals. I find it very difficult to remember a time when he has not responded to my questions, even if there are certain topics he cannot address. He must be careful not to give too much critical information away in order to prevent very real competitors from using the information to figure out the technology, and try to claim it as their own.
Despite the fact he cannot tell us every little detail of how the technology works, we should be very thankful he is so communicative. Not all exotic energy inventors are so willing to engage with the public. Recently, Frank Acland and myself composed an email for Rossi, asking many different questions about the E-Cat technology. As usual, he responded promptly (the next morning) and provided all the answers he could. Some of the answers were short, but we also obtained some interesting bits of information. (Questions are listed below this article)
The most important bits of information are about the extended test of the new high temperature E-Cat.
600 Degrees C
Andrea Rossi stated in the email that the new high temperature E-Cat — that can produce 600 degree steam with a COP of 6 — has been operating continuously for 40 days. That’s right, 40 days! Forty!
Forget 18 hour tests like the one Dr. Levi performed in 2011. This test has lasted so far for 960 (nine hundred and sixty) hours, and is planned to last at least 90 days. The E-Cat has been operating non-stop producing 600 degree steam. This is big news. It should be on the front page of every newspaper in the nation, and being discussed on every news network. It means that the solution to the energy crisis is here. There is no further need for ridiculous carbon trading schemes that destroy jobs, no more need to fund hot fusion research (that has never obtained even a COP of 1.1 with billions of dollars in funding), and no need to put millions of dollars into conventional alternative energy technologies. Wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, and other energy technologies are about to be obsolete. Fossil fuels are going to be considered worse than obsolete. They will belong in the fossil fuel age, not the nickel age.
With 600C steam high efficiency turbines, Stirling engines, and even thermalphotovoltaic systems can be used to produce electricity from E-Cats. Basically, the E-Cat is now capable of powering our world. It can do so without producing pollution, without producing nuclear waste, and without emitting radiation into the environment.
The technology also offers dirt cheap energy. Can you think of any other power source that could consume only 1.5 grams of a cheap substance, probably less hydrogen, and produce 10 kilowatts of output for 40 days non-stop?
Basically, with the E-Cat technology the fuel cost is a non-issue. The fuel to power your home for a year could cost less than a value meal at a fast food restaurant.
New E-Cat Details
This test is being conducted with a new model of E-Cat. The test is using a single module that contains a single reactor core. The reactor core is rated to have an output of 10 kilowatts, and a maximum safe output of 20 kilowatts. We have previously been told this reactor core is smaller than the previous version, but uses more shielding. Instead of many grams of nickel, it only uses 1.5 grams. Instead of a hydrogen canister, a small tablet is placed into the reactor that absorbs and releases hydrogen depending on the temperature.
Interestingly, atomic hydrogen is being produced both by “catalysts” (one or more chemical elements placed into the reactor core in addition to nickel and hydrogen) and by another method. Perhaps by being able to carefully control how much atomic hydrogen is generated the system can remain more stable. Perhaps this is what allows for 600C steam in a stable manner?
Like previous E-Cats, a drive has to be applied approximately half the time to keep the reactions stable. If the drive is not applied the reactor can run away, the reactor core can get too hot, the nickel can melt, and the nuclear reactions will cease. Also, a radio frequency generator is used as in previous E-Cats. Finally, it has been confirmed that copper is still the main transmutation product.
However, there are many aspects we do not understand about the new E-Cat. Rossi has claimed there have been many changes both to the design and the theory. Hopefully, in time we will learn more about these changes.
Upcoming Test Data
In a matter of weeks test data from this extended E-Cat test should be posted. In a matter of weeks the test will not be complete, but hopefully we will get test data from at least part of the test. Perhaps several days or weeks.
This test data should hopefully put to doubt any doubt in the minds of any reasonable person that the E-Cat technology works as claimed. The tests in 2011 actually proved that the technology works, but these tests should prove that the reactor is now totally STABLE at high temperatures, and can produce 600C steam temperatures over long periods of time — actually, FOREVER! (Ok, maybe the E-Cat cannot work forever. Eventually, after years of use it will need to be re-fueled, after a decade or so a part may need to be replaced, or perhaps the super high steam temperatures might do something to the metal. However, these tests indicate an E-Cat can produce high temperature steam and remain stable for a very long period of time).
E-Cat Fever is Only Starting
The E-CAT fever started with a temperature of around 100C in the year 2011. Now it has reached 600C and has been burning non-stop for 40 days. Very soon the mainstream media will be forced to take notice of this fever. When that happens, they need to give recognition to the REAL media outlets like E-CATWORLD that covered this technology when they would not! They will be forced to admit their skepticism, cynism, and ignorance allowed the alternative media to be the ones not only to break this story, but also to keep reporting about it.
While the mainstream media sleeps, the E-Cat fever will continue to spread.
Thank You Mr. Rossi
We should all be thanking Andrea Rossi for answering questions about this technology, working non-stop on it, and enduring undeserved criticism. The fact is that the E-Cat technology is the only proven, practical, robust, and high temp cold fusion technology on the planet.
Below are the questions that Hank sent to Andrea Rossi, along with Rossi’s answers
1) Is it correct that at this time you are testing an individual high temperature module and not an entire one megawatt plant? IT IS CORRECT
2) Does the new E-Cat module (that would be linked together to produce a one megawatt plant)contain multiple reactor cores? NO
3) What is the rated output of each reactor core in the new high temp E-Cat module? What is the maximum safe output (in torture testing) of each core? 10 kW; 20 kW
4) When did the extended test of the new high temp module begin? APRIL
5) How many days has the new high temp module been running continuously as of today? 40
6) How many days is the test planned to run? AT LEAST 90
7) You mentioned on your blog that there are still problems to be resolved. Can you elaborate on what problems remain? NO
8.) What would you consider as a successful outcome of this extended test? STABLE AND RELIABLE WORK BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT
9) You have stated that the high temp E-Cat module self sustains approximately half of the time, and then a “drive” is applied the other half of the time. From what we have been able to gather in the past this drive is applied to stop the nuclear reactions from becoming too energetic and “running away” which could lead to the melting of the nickel powder. Is the idea of the drive being applied to stop a thermal run away still correct? If not, can you provide some explanation of why the drive is activated? (Perhaps a more interesting question would be what happens in tests in which you do not activate the drive?) THE SITUATION IS NOT DIFFERENT FROM BEFORE UNDER THIS POINT OF VIEW
10) What is the new expected date by which you expect to be able to post test data? WEEKS, NOT MONTHS
11) Extended production of high temperature steam at 600C with a COP of 6 is extremely impressive, and would be of huge value to every nation and military on the planet. It could quickly make certain nations — even unfriendly ones — energy independent. Are you aware of any intent by your military customer to classify any aspect of your technology? NO
12) You have stated there have been many changes to the E-Cat technology. This honestly perplexes me, because I have put a lot of time into trying to learn as much as I can about how your technology works — it has literally become an obsession. ME TOO. AND IT IS IN CONTINUOUS EVOLUTION
The news that a lot has changed makes me wonder if my understanding is now very incorrect, and if I may be spreading false information when I talk about the E-Cat. THE SAME HAPPENS TO ME, AND HAPPENS TO ANY HONEST SCIENTIST: THEORIES ARE LIKE THE WATER OF THE RIVER OF HERACLITUS, WHOSE WATER WAS NEVER THE SAME.
Obviously, you must be careful not to give away information that could be used inappropriately by the very real competitors and “snakes” out there. But could you perhaps provide a few examples of how the technology has changed, even if you have to remain vague about the details? For example….
a) Are catalysts (chemical elements other than nickel and hydrogen) that participate in the production of atomic hydrogen still used in the reactor core? YES. Or do you produce atomic hydrogen in some other way? YES TOO
b) Is a radio frequency generator still utilized in any fashion? YES
c) Stable copper is not an unfavorable transmutation product to produce. It is not radioactive and has some value. Can you indicate what the current main transmutation product(s) are in an E-Cat? If it is no longer copper, are they more or less favorable? Are they still stable? WE HAVE ONLY COPPER AND IS STABLE