The following guest post was submitted by E-Cat World reader Rick Allen.
In a number of responses to questions on the Journal of Nuclear Physics, Andrea Rossi has indicated that the team of scientists currently testing the E-Cat have full access to his device. Not only can they test it in any manner they see fit, they can also share whatever findings they want. But the good news does not stop there. Rossi has also indicated, in response to a question, that if the team testing the E-Cat were to replicate the device they would have full freedom to publish the details.
Yesterday Hank Mills asked Rossi, “If the scientists performing the third party report figure out how the E-Cat works on their own – perhaps confirming by replicating the E-Cat – would you allow them to publish the details?”
Rossi responded, “The Third Independent Party, as such, is INDEPENDENT. They can publish what they want independently from me and whatever the results, positive or negative.”
This is very good news. It means that if the E-Cat has been fully released and opened to the testers they can share all of their findings. If they were to figure out Rossi’s “secret sauce” or recipe that allows his device to exceed the wildest dreams of cold fusion researchers, they would be allowed to share it with the world. If they are able to determine the mechanisms that allow the technology to work and share them, the upcoming report may be the catalyst (pun intended) that sparks a deluge of replications across the globe.
Of course the E-Cat technology works. No one who is being intellectually honest can deny that the technology is capable of producing enormous amounts of excess heat. But for the most part, the world is still ignorant of the fact that this technology – an energy panacea that could end the fossil fuel age – exists. The best and quickest way to spread awareness, even in the minds of the most hardened cynics and psuedo-skeptics, is replication. A hundred hot cat replications from around the world showing self sustaining red hot reactors maintaining their temperature without input would change everything. Governments, universities, and businesses would race to find ways to implement this virtually limitless, clean, and dirt cheap source of power.
This all depends on the contents of the report, however. Rumors abound that the report will be positive and show a high COP. If this turns out to be the case, it would be wonderful news. But since the scientists involved have full freedom to test the E-Cat in anyway they see fit – including the fuel – I hope they will do whatever must be done to figure out how it works. In my opinion, since they have extended the testing period and have full access to the device, all of the following should be performed.
1) An elemental analysis on the contents of both the “mouse” and “cat” portion of the hot cat before the test begins. This could determine what elements are being used. For example, if lithium or magnesium may be used as Ikegami has hypothesized. Basically, it would tell us what elements and substances are in the device and the percentage of each.
2) An elemental analysis on the contents of both the “mouse” and “cat” portion of the hot cat after the test has been run. This would allow for other components of the fuel to be identified. For example, if lithium is used to coat the walls of the reactor and would not be detected unless heat has been applied and the lithium has melted. Also, it could show transmutation products which could allow us to know what nuclear reactions are taking place.
3) An isotopic analysis of the contents of both the “mouse” and “cat” portion of the hot cat before and after the test has been run. This could allow us to better identify the isotopes of fuel used and possible isotopic shifts.
4) An analysis of the gas in the reactor after heat has been applied. This could potentially let us know if deuterium is being created in the reactor as Ikegami has speculated.
5) An analysis of the size, shape, groupings, and surface features of the nickel powder before and after the test has been ran. A high powered microscope needs to be used to determine all of this. Rossi has stated that the nickel powder has been treated in such a way to creature “tubercules” or “cracks” that allow for nuclear reactions to take place. I think this is especially important. Apparently, Rossi has come up with a perfect combination of nickel processing and catalyst that allows for a huge production of heat.
My hope is all of the above analysis will be performed by the testers. To take it a step further, in addition to figuring it all out, I hope they build their own E-Cat and run a test of their own. With a set of instructions for an E-Cat, scientists around the world could begin replications and no one could ever say again that it doesn’t work.
Rossi has apparently given the scientists testing the E-Cat the permission to do this. Now they just need to figure it out and share the information with the world.