Thanks to the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project for bringing attention to a patent published for an invention of Francesco Piantelli titled “Method and apparatus for generating energy by nuclear reactions of hydrogen adsorbed by orbital capture on a nanocrystalline structure of a metal”
Link is here: http://www.google.com/patents/EP2754156A2?cl=en
At the bottom of the page is a note that states: Jan 6, 2016 INTG Announcement of intention to grant,Effective date: 20151211
Here are the main claims:
1. A method for generating energy by nuclear reactions between hydrogen (31 ) and a transition metal, said method comprising the steps of:
– prearranging (1 10) a primary material (19) that comprises said transition metal;
bringing and keeping said hydrogen (31 ) into/in contact with said primary material (19);
heating (130) said primary material (19) up to an initial temperature (Ti) higher than a predetermined critical temperature;
producing an impulse (140) in said primary material (19), in order to cause a generation of H” ions (35) starting from said hydrogen (31 ), and to cause capture reactions (150, 151 ) of said H” ions (35) by said primary material (19) thus causing a generation of a thermal energy (q);
– removing (160) a thermal power (Q) deriving from said generated thermal energy (q), while maintaining the temperature of said primary material (19) above said critical temperature, characterised in that a step (200) is provided of increasing said H” ions (35) that are available for said capture reactions (150, 151 ), such that the concentration of said H- ions (35) changes from a first concentration value to a second concentration value in said hydrogen (31 ) which is in contact with said primary material (19), and such that the rate of said capture reactions (150,151 ) increases and, accordingly, said generation of thermal energy (q) increases up to an increased thermal energy.
Later on in the patent application it refers to an “energy generator wherein said ionization means comprises a means for supplying an energy vector to said hydrogen”. These are some means listed.
– a ionizing radiation selected from the group comprised of: a radiofrequency, in particular microwaves; a light radiation; a uV waves; a X – radiation; an a – radiation; a β – radiation; a y – radiation; a combination of the above radiations;
– a beam of particles selected from the group comprised of: protons; hyperons; mesons; leptons; metal ions; a combination of the above particles;
The patent was originally filed on July 13, 2012, and has just now been made public apparently.