Grid or Grid-Equivalent Connection Needed to Operate Ecat SKLep/MiniSKLep

There have been many questions posed to Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics regarding the kind of electricity connection that is required to operate the Ecat SKLep/MiniSKLep. One reader, Giuseppe, stated that he had a photovoltaic system that he uses to supply power to the grid, or to power his home in case of a grid disconnection, and asked AR whether this would work to power the Ecat. AR responded “yes.”

I followed up with a question of my own:

Frank Acland

Dear Andrea,

You answered to Giuseppe that he could operate the SKLep from a photovoltaic system that through an inverter produces 220 V. This is equivalent to a grid connection. So would any external source that produces 220 V. be sufficent to operate a SKLep/MiniSKLep?

Andrea Rossi

Frank Acland:
Yes, provided they have an earth connection, like, for example, the normal power source units.
Warm Regards,

AR has also stated that Ecat can operate with a grid connection of 110 Volts. So it appears from the information provided by AR that what is required for the SKLep and the MinSKLep to operate is a grid, or grid-equivalent input source.