Good day disruptive technology enthusiasts.
I’ve waited 6 years for this day.
Zenn Motor / EEStor released testing results and cap industry expert commentary today on their new, valuable capacitor technology.
These materials are also available for viewing at http://www.sedar.com.
Here’s an excerpt from a press release by Zenn Motor Company:
Intertek Group plc (“Intertek”) rigorously tested an extensive sampling of EEStor capacitor layers across multiple voltages (250vdc, 450vdc, 700vdc, 1000vdc and 1500vdc) using its own equipment and testing protocols. In addition, a 250vdc, six-layer injection molded part was fully tested to demonstrate the performance and stability of an assembled multi-layer part.
Key highlights and findings of the Intertek report include:
1. Capacitance remains constant across multiple voltages and frequencies.
2. A sampling of commercially available Aluminum Electrolytic capacitors hi-pot tested to approximately 32% above rated voltage, whereas EEStor parts in the same voltage range tested to approximately 112% above the rated layer voltage.
3. Leakage current is better than tested commercially available Aluminium Electrolytic (AE) capacitors.
4. EEStor capacitors are non-polar and show the same capacitance or resistance regardless of polarity.
5. All EEStor samples were charged in milliseconds without any noted degradation of performance.
6. As the comparative data illustrates, the cumulative effects of the layered EEStor part appear to be well beyond the simple additive values.
7. The layered EEStor part is injection molded in polypropylene to ensure a full hermetic seal.
8. The resistance and capacitance levels of the dried high voltage parts indicate exceptional performance and provide for additional volumetric efficiencies over parts compromised by humidity.
9. Volumetric benefits of EEStor’s technology are seen throughout the voltages tested and become even more apparent at higher voltages.
10. The EEStor capacitor technology is significantly smaller than incumbent technology with similar
11. Hi-pot testing indicated up to the following volts per micron capacities of the EEStor parts at
— 250VDC: Hi-pot value of 930VDC/thickness of part tested (13 microns) = volts per
micron of: 71VDC
— 450VDC: Hi-pot value of 1130VDC/thickness of part tested (14 microns) = volts per
micron of: 81VDCo 700VDC: Hi-pot value of 1360VDC/thickness of part tested (18 microns) = volts per
micron of: 76VDC
— 1000VDC: Hi-pot value of 1890VDC/thickness of part tested (22 microns) = volts per
micron of: 86VDC
— 1500VDC: Hi-pot value of 2440VDC/thickness of part tested (29 microns) = volts per
micron of: 84VDC
Ian Clifford, Founder and CEO of ZENN and the President and CEO of EEStor stated: “The independent
testing by Intertek represents an important validation of the potential of EEStor’s technology for capacitor
applications and confirms internal testing results achieved by EEStor. The Company and its stakeholders
will benefit from the comprehensive protocols and procedures developed by Intertek at its facility in
Dallas, Texas to ensure that the test results are complete and accurate. The work took several months to
complete, and now allows the Company to begin to pursue commercial partnerships based on the
independent data and comparative testing against existing incumbent technologies.”