Thanks to Doug Marker for the following post.
The below is some long awaited and anticipated news as to what Brilliant Light Power have been doing. It was in May 2017 that we last got an offcial update from them.
I won’t offer any detailed commentary on the below material other than to say that they appear to be slowly moving forward. Am confident everyone can read out of it what they want.
Doug Marker – Aug 10 2017
BLP Business Update – August 2017
Pages 1-3 are an introduction & safe harbor statement.
Page one indicates parts of the below are redacted.
SLIDE A (Pg 4)
SunCell Heat System Design Commencing
BrLP has engaged TMI Climate Solutions to develop system concepts and solutions for thermal applications
with SunCell Light (power) source.
• Assignment is for two designs:
– 500 kW thermal radiant boiler for a 3000K blackbody radiator
– 500 kW thermal radiant boiler for a blackbody radiator at a temperature
that is optimal for commercialization using existing optimal systems
• TMI Climate Solutions provides an experienced development partner
– Parent firm MiTek, a Berkshire-Hathaway company, with revenues estimated at $1.6B (St Louis Business Journal Apr 27, 2017)
– TMI provide manufactures and delivers the best custom solutions available today for worldwide applications
SLIDE B (Pg 5)
PV Development Progress
• Path forward based on systems analysis:
– Si technologies are best choice; widely available
– Si-ideal band gap of 0.84 eV at the ideal opening temperature for cooling of 130°C (Cooling technology readily exists)
– Si paradoxically becomes more efficient at higher temperatures, due to collecting more of the 3000 K blackbody radiator light
– Larger radius PV shell reduces system to 300-500 Suns
– Larger radius PV shell reduces cost; 10X more cells are required, but lower cost of cSi cells, overall systems cost reduced along with development risk
– Light recycling leads to higher efficiency
• Efficiency estimates are well within business plan ranges for SunCell
– 1J silicon solar cells operating at elevated temperatures can achieve over 20% efficiency
– Light recycling estimates 40-50% efficiency feasible
– Reduced cooling system complexity
– Cost feasible at $60 / kW in production volume
SLIDE C (Pg 6)
PV Development Progress
• Multiple vendor proposals in development
• System design now enables robust, commercially available PV
Si PV Cell Company:
Working on Si PV cell company contract for cSi. 18 years of CPV field experience
Fortune 500 Company (FFC1), working on contract for III-V 3J
cells on InP substrate.
off-the-shelf PV cooling system (DRA in house). Working on contract through FFC1 and FFC2.
SLIDES D, E & F (Pgs 7-9)
(These 3 slides go into more detail about the above 3 companies work on PV)
SLIDE G (Pg 10)
SunCell Next Generation Breakthrough Potential
• Direct power extraction (DPE), emerging technology to directly convert
thermal & kinetic power to electrical power
SLIDE H (Pg 11)
•Gold standard method of measuring power and energy balance of single hydrino fuel pellet ignition achieved using NIST calibrations and shunt circuit to overcome interference from electromagnetic pulse
•Results show 20 MW peak optical power as unique signature of a high energy continuum emission spectrum
•Results show energy gain of 200 to 500 times
•New paper to be published in noted science journal demonstrating methods for measuring power and gain from Hydrino® reaction optically and thermally using state of the art instruments
•Hydrino products identified by multiple analytical methods
•Foundation for National Labs experiments and conclusive proof of “better than fire”
•Supports the SunCell® Automated Cell demonstration by showing the potential massive power density and gain of the hydrino power source that can be harnessed into applications by the SunCell with optimization
•Commercial and academic validation in progress